Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What a weekend!!! Here are the top five highlights:

5) Driving home on Friday, my car was vibrating - a lot! I knew it needed to be aligned, but I was like getting a massage! I just prayed to make it home, and I did. Jason and I looked at the tires, and at first glance, everything was fine. THEN I looked closer to see that my back two tires were SHREDDING - literally the leather was coming off - a blowout waiting to happen... maybe that's why my car felt like it was driving on ice while going 40 MPH on the entrance ramp to 65 - huh. Well, the guy at the car place said I was VERY lucky to not have a serious, serious accident - I know that was a God moment. AND, we got to fork over $ for a whole new set of tires! FABULOUS! :)

4) My dad got put in the hospital for a MAJOR staph infection... it puffed up the whole side of his face - he looked pitiful. He did go home Tuesday night though and is doing better... still has some healing to do.

3) We had a cancer scare in our family - turned out negative, praise God! I was praying and praying about it and just felt a peace that it was going to be fine - and it was!

2) Everett developed a 103 temperature on Saturday and kept it through Tuesday... viral infection, he was just miserable for 30 minute stretches at a time and would then be fine. He's all better now!

1) An AWESOME women's retreat at church! The theme was transformation, and the biggest blessing I was able to recognize was that as I look over this past year, I do feel God has "lifted my veil". I feel that I have truly been in a sort of depressed fog over this past year with all of the house stress, etc. Going back to work was definitely not my idea, but in the past month or two, God has just given me a peace about everything. I feel like I have been able to let go of my disappointments, expectations, and frustrations and just come out of that fog of yuck! (Great theological term there, huh?) I'm not saying I was clinically depressed, just maybe spiritually depressed. It has been such a blessing to come out of that and feel like myself again. For anyone that knows me well, you'll see a difference in me; for those that have known me for a long time, you'll see the old me. I just feel back to "me" again, and it's so great! Not that problems will not come again (see #'s 5-2 above), and I can even feel some of Satan's attacks with other things this week, but I just have been given a sense of spiritual revival. Chris Adams said in our breakout session this past weekend, "Valleys are where you learn how to live life, and mountains are where you enjoy living the lessons you've learned." Okay, shouldn't have put that in quotes because I know that's not exactly how she said it, but you get the jist!! :) I feel like I am getting to enjoy some of the lessons I've learned! It's a nice place to be for now... Check out www.longhollowwomen.com for more retreat info and all kinds of inspirational and encouraging nuggets!

Hope you enjoyed my top five list - any to share of your own???

No comments: