Thursday, February 15, 2007

Well, it's 8:46 am, and I should be teaching how to add and subtract fractions with mixed denominators.... BUT, I am at home!!!

SNOW DAY, SNOW DAY, SNOW DAY!!! Whoo-hoo!!!! It's a snow day, I'm staying home, whoop whoop!!! (Ok, who cares that there actually is NO snow and today is a huge freebie day - I don't care about the snow necessarily, just the day to get some things done...It's ALWAYS Sumner County that gets out for even one flake of snow - just glad it's Metro's turn for once! We always go when everyone else is out!)

One of my students made me a magic snow wand the last time it snowed. It didn't work on that Thursday, but it worked on Friday. That time we had also taken all of the kids outside to do the snow dance. Again, it worked two days later...

This week, I used it on Tuesday to be out on Wednesday, but it worked on Thursday. I also see consistency with "ta-da-ing" the wand TWICE instead of just once. I did it once for Wednesday and twice for Thursday. Just a snow wand tip... Hey, it never hurts for your kids to think you are magic, right???? :)

Kids are gone, and I have a to-do list that is a mile long of EVERYTHING I want to catch up on. We'll see how much I get accomplished. I hope to update my blog template to show some more blogs of note. I got halfway through that process last time when my computer stalled out so it's only halfway done. We'll see if I get to that today. I have a jillion things to do!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever you are doing today, enjoy it!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sarah, My last post was when I was in the middle of some major anger over some of these things. So much to tell, I will call you soon. I can't write about anything on my blog, although I am thinking of a post that will slightly reference.
Love,
Erin