Sunday, August 27, 2006


Crazy Tom! If you haven't heard, Paramount Pictures "separated"/FIRED Tom Cruise this week. The news station I watched claimed that Paramount was separating due to the low turnout to MI3. They listed three events that they believed led to the turnout - 1) his antics on the Today show, 2) his extreme involvement in Scientology (I'm sure it's not quite this way, but as a Christian, I think it is great that any organization in Hollywood stands up to say that they disagree with a star's involvement in Scientology - especially a star as visible as Tom Cruise), and 3) his whole Oprah aerobics (aerobics is my term, they actually said jumping on the couch...). I think this is great.

I personally used to LOVE Tom Cruise and couldn't watch enough Top Gun, Rain Man, and whatever else he's in. I feel he's gone off the deep end, and it's nice to see that someone is standing up to him. I think most people, even Matt Lauer, are tired of him. And, he ruined Katie Holmes, who I loved but now wonder what's in that pretty little head of hers to fall for such a bozo and put up with all that weirdo stuff... It almost wants me to break my South Park ban just to watch that episode.

Anyway, go Paramount!

But, of course, I'm reminded that we should pray for the guy as well as all of the people in Hollywood. We should also pray for our congressmen and politicians to be strong against being influenced by celebrities. I just saw a news clip that Tom was in Washington this week lobbying or pushing or doing something to promote Scientology. Let's pray for our lawmakers to be wary of these agendas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a complete weirdo! I have no idea what his problem is... And poor Katie, what did that girl get herself into? YUCK! :( Debbie

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to their baby!?! I have yet to even see a picture to show the child even exists...although I did hear from some newstation that they believe the reason we haven't seen the kid is due to their scientologist beliefs they can not give their baby the required booster shots and other vaccines. So basically it is suggested that they do not take the child out in public until his/her immune system is strong enough to fight off these things on its own. Strange and kind of sad...---Lori