Thursday, August 24, 2006

Well, today has been an interesting day! I had prayed for a position in Sumner County, but it doesn't appear that is going to happen for many various reasons. I was going to sub there until I found a position, but Jason worked it out that subbing minus childcare and taxes would be a net of about $300-400 - not worth working everyday.

I had sent my resume to a friend of mine in Metro - actually she was one of my kindergarten teachers, she worked with my mom, and Jason taught with her. She was actually very encouraging to him when we were being called into the ministry. She just randomly asked Jason one day if he had ever thought about going into ministry. We had talked about it, but just hadn't shared that. Her confirming what we were praying about was clearly God speaking to us in one of his many, many ways. This was in the midst of studying Experiencing God also for those of you familiar with that study. If you haven't taken it, it is I'd say one of the top, if not the top, studies I would recommend. It is life-changing.

Anyway, so yesterday at 11:00ish we decided to pursue this. Several people helped me to try and get positions in Sumner to no avail which wasn't a huge surprise. But, I happened to email our friend on the day they were meeting to look at what schools needed reshifting. By this morning I had gotten one email and two phone calls requesting an interview. I looked up some information on each, talked to some friends, and went to one of the interviews. By 5:00 this afternoon, I have the job if I want it!!!!!!!!! What a praise!!!!!!!!!! The only struggle is that it is a 30 minute drive. But, everything else seems to fit perfectly.

I haven't accepted yet, but I will let you know more details when I get confirmation. Jason and I have prayed and talked about it tonight, and we feel it's the best thing to do. I have mixed emotions. I'm sad at the change with the time with my kids, and I'm apprehensive about working out all the childcare details. I know that these are just minor things for God. I'm excited about getting back into teaching minus the sadness about the kids. If I'm going to do ANYTHING, teaching is my passion, third to Christ and my family. So, that will be neat. And I'm terrified. Two years doesn't seem much to be out of the classroom, but it seems like eons right now! The thought of getting a room completely ready in a week or less time - whoo! But, I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me.

So, thanks to all that have prayed. God definitely showed me favor in finding something so quickly and such a good situation. What a blessing. Thank you Lord!

I also heard this song today and thought it was a great fit for my emotions. It's by Casting Crowns:
"Praise You In This Storm"
I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen",
and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember whenI stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You
As the thunder rolls

I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

What a blessing - I heard it on the way to my interview today! My heart is torn in this situation, but I am praising God! And the ability to praise Him comes from Him! My faith has grown extraordinarily through this situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About you going back to work... I didn't say this yesterday in talking with you, but look at how many more people's lives you can touch. And for your kids! Wow, look at the friendships they will gain! This could really be a good thing! You know, when I taught, I felt like I did actually help change the course of life (in the positive) for a kid or two. Maybe there is a kid (or several) who really needs you Sarah! Your children will always be well taken care of. I know that you'll see to that. But, there are so many who aren't and need someone like you in their lives. Remember, you never know who you are touching. Good luck! Debbie