Saturday, December 02, 2006

I heard that they are now passing a law that older drivers (and older is defined as someone over 55!!) will now have to attend a two day (six hour total) driving course whenever they get a ticket to try and curb older people on the road that shouldn't be due to lowered mental capabilities. First, isn't 55 a little young for that???? Second, discrimination! Regular drivers have to go to a two hour class. This is in Nashville BTW. This was being debated on 99.7. Someone brought up that people should have to retest once they reach a certain age. I agree! I think maybe starting at age 60, people should have to retest every five years and/or whenever they get a ticket or a violation of some sorts. But, here is the reason why I think that will NEVER happen. I went to go get my new TN driver's license a few months back and there was a FOUR hour wait!!! And, I hear it's ALWAYS like that!! So, who has time for that? Much less adding required retestings for everyone over the age of 55?? It will never happen (my opinion)! Instead, they make everyone go to classes. I think this is a lame law....

No comments: