Tuesday, December 19, 2006

PRAISE GOD!!! All the time of course, but specifically in this time...

Jason just emailed and said that we are approved for the short sale... not only that, but the agreement we have with the mortgage company is that we owe NOTHING for the house - no part of the remaining balance. Our realtor told Jason that only one in fifty people applying for a short sale get one in which they don't have to repay any of the difference. She said the letter we wrote to the mortgage company was what made the difference. We just explained all that we have gone through with the renters, hanging on to it and paying double mortgage payments for more than a year, the extensive financial hardship on our family from this house, and me going back to work because of that. Looking back on all of that just makes me sick thinking of all we have gone through, the many tears I've cried (and still cry) from working this year, the deep ache in my heart as I leave my two babies every single morning, and the strain my working has put on our marriage and our ministry.

BUT, I heard a Word on the Way yesterday that pointed out that FAITH is not giving up even when the worst is at its worst. Faith is constantly believing that God is God, and He has the PERFECT solution to any problem. He quoted the verse about faith producing perseverance. I have NEVER understood that verse better than I did yesterday when it all struck me. And that's before I heard the news today! James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Through ALL trials! Amen!

Here's my prayer and hopefully the reason for all of this - we won't know until we get to heaven for sure. BUT, my prayer is that someone is impacted by our story. When I wrote that letter to the mortgage company, I prayed and prayed and prayed. I basically wrote out a testimony of our faith on that letter. I tried to demonstrate how we had tried to handle this in a way reflective of our faith. I talked about our struggle with the renters, the financial destruction this has caused our family, and my going back to work to try and cover that. But, I also said that we had total faith in God that He would take care of us! I just have prayed over and over that whoever read our letter would be a person whose heart God would pierce for us. I pray that someone who reads that might get a glimpse of what kind of hope a real, breathing, loving God can offer. I still pray that!

Thinking about all of those things is hard to think about looking back. It is still VERY hard to leave my babies in the mornings. It's hard for Jason and I to maintain just sanity and balance in our marriage - both of us working is really hard! We've sacrificed a lot this year. But, isn't God so good? If someone could be impacted through this, then it would all be worth it! And, irony of all ironies, while we were cramped in that apartment this summer, our house that we are living in now was being built just a mile away from us! God is good!

On the practical side, pray for our house to sell! We feel we are so close to the finish. Jason is of course hopelessly optimistic and is pulling for us to be finished with it going into 2007. While I certainly hope this is the case, I'd be happy for sometime soon. Our realtor did say that she has 12-13 people to look at it this week! That's double the amount of people we've had look at it in 9 months - well, 2 years for that matter!

Our $163,000 house is now appraised for $132,000 (which I think is actually a little high). The mortgage company is asking for at least $108,000 which gives us some room for realtor's fees. Just pray that it sells within this price range and that it will sell quickly. Pray for our realtor Mendy as well!

Thanks to all of you who have been prayer warriors and supporters with us through this. We love you so much and are so thankful for your precious aromas of prayers lifted up unto our Lord. Thank you!

4 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

I hope things work out well for you on this. I like the biblical refrences you use. This is my first visit to your blog.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you all! All things work together for the GOOD for those who love the LORD!!!

Sarah said...

Thanks Jenna! And, nice to meet you Tom - I checked out your blog and will post there!

Sarah said...

I will add one thought. All things do work together for good for those that love the Lord. BUT, many people have placed a human perspective upon this verse forgetting that it was written from God's omnipotence. God's good and ultimate plan is that we become more like Him. This is His primary objective for our lives.

I've done a lot of studying on this verse as it has been quoted to me many times during the past couple of years. BUT, God has taught me this year especially that what I define as good is not what God may define as good. He looks at the long term. Just as I parent my children with discipline that sometimes includes uncomfortable consequences in order to shape them into responsible, God-loving adults, God parents us with even greater perfection. I might give in when I see that Katie Beth and Everett are really hurt or saddened by whatever consequence they are encountering because I have a weak human heart. I give in even though I know that it is not what is best for them.

However, God, being the perfect parent, is able to stick with whatever consequences or struggles we go through because he can see the good that will come out of whatever trial we are facing. Paul had a condition that limited him and was never lifted despite his faith and love for the Lord. Job lost everything despite his faith and love for the Lord. I could go on and on.

Just a thought to chew on... :)