Monday, January 01, 2007

OK, so we came home from New Year's Day festivities tired, and I'm gearing up for a tenth grade girls sleepover tonight. I was resting in bed watching mindless television just to chill for a bit. I found a ridiculous show called "Beauty and the Geek" - perfect mindless television. It's a reality show where geeky super intelligent guys (MIT, robotics, etc) are paired up with beautiful, not as smart girls (2 cocktail waitresses, a camp counselor, tanning bed attendant, etc.). The girls are to get smarter in theory I think, and are tested on things like being able to set up a computer from box to working order. Guys are tested on fashion definitions like monochromatic and popular designers. Today's particular challenge was the girls got to do a makeover, and the guys had to get rated in speed dating to see who had improved the most. Well, one guy, forgetting that his "beauty" partner was listening and watching on camera told his speed date that he was glad to get enjoy some intelligent conversation with her (the speed date) because he hadn't gotten any lately (hence, his Beauty was dumb). So, the beauty and geek are talking later, and she's demanding an apology. He says something to the point of that he wouldn't be offended to be called socially awkward, and she shouldn't be offended to be called unintelligent; he said that's why they were paired up together. WELL, Beauty's chin starts quivering and she asserts, "I am NOT unintelligent, and I DO get offended when I'm called that." The geek replies, "Okay, maybe not unintelligent but unacademically inclined." Beauty gets up in a huff and stomps off saying, "I'm not academically uninclined (or something of the sorts mixing up the words).... or whatever it was that you just said..." I BUSTED out laughing... she was insisting she WAS intelligent but couldn't repeat the complicated phrase, unacademically inclined. I wouldn't laugh at her personal lack of intelligence if it weren't for the background of the show. It was SO SO hilarious!

1 comment:

Tom Bailey said...

That is a very funny story. I do laugh to myself when things like that happen.