Thursday, January 04, 2007

SKY DIVING PHOTOS!!! FINALLY!!! This was my 30th birthday goal for about the last five years at least....



Above - I'm suiting up - I really wasn't nervous at all!! I did get a little nervous when he gave me my crash course lesson on sky diving in about three minutes. It was this complicated kneeling, backing out, leaning thing that I couldn't do on land much less in an airplane with him attached to my back. I was a little worried at first and then just decided that people do this everyday, it's not that complicated, and he's the one that's responsible for remembering all this - not me. It was great. I really trusted him as he seemed he knew what he was doing. He used to be a criminal... and was definitely not saved. I prayed for him. He took his first sky dive at the age of thirty (like me) and just kept jumping and got his certification. He has done a lot of instructing in warm tropical places during the winter. He just travels around to these great tropical beach areas. That is SUCH a job I could do. I bet it would be a great mission field - thing the NAMB would sponsor me??

The pictures are out of order, and I don't have time to mess with them, but to the left is when we are taking off. It was a much smaller plane than I expected, but it was fun! When we got pretty far up into the air, I looked way way way down and asked if we were about to jump. Chris said, Nope, we're not even halfway there! That freaked me out a tad because already the cars looked like little dots. But, when we got up twice as far, it didn't seem that much higher. It was so awesome!! He also did a couple of barrel rolls in the plane since it was a small one. You just sit on the floor and feel the force. I was so excited!!!


Above is our landing, which was as smooth as butter. VERY smooth! He picked the spot we were going to land, and we did! On the left is us coming in closer. All I kept seeing as we were coming in were these cows right below us. I just kept processing that over and over. FUNNY!

This is us walking out to the plane. SO, out of order pictures and hard to see, but you get the drift. We have a video of it all which is great. This was an awesome awesome experience, and I would HONESTLY go once a day. I love it. If we lived near a strip and it wasn't expensive, I would get certified! I encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to go for it!!! Now, what to do for 40... or even 35! I would love a long kayak, rapelling adventure or something with hikes in between. Like the Adventure Junkies website. Gotta get in shape first though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to be just like you when
i grow up!

LOVE YOU!
katie

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! AMAZING!