Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Stay at Home Mom vs. The Working Mom, Part Four
WORKING - The second time!


So, here I am again, working! I find the same challenges - balancing family, figuring out how to get it all in, missing my kids like crazy. My day starts around 5:30 am, I try to leave by 6 or 6:15 every morning. I get to work, rush off as soon as school is out to relieve Lori, get home around 4:00, figure out something for dinner, and try to enjoy the four or five hours with the kids. I get the kids down and then spend a couple of hours grading papers or working on something for school. Asleep at midnight or so, then up again! I'm tired mostly! And, I feel pulled ministry wise. I want to be doing so much more with my Connect Group girls, but I don't have the time to spend. AND I miss my friends!!! Being away from my kids during the day does not lend me to wanting to leave them with a sitter at night or even with just Jason. I need that time with me and feel they need it with me. It doesn't leave as much time to just enjoy my girlfriends - I MISS YOU ALL!!! :)

Lest I sound negative, working has its benefits. It's great to feel productive and that I'm making a difference somewhere other than my laundry. I love facing challenges throughout the day, and I truly love love love to teach! I love getting to help a child or a parent figure out a problem or work on a issue they are having. I enjoy the pace of the day and having a lot to think about and figure out. And, being in a great school certainly helps. My confidence as a teacher has really grown from the last environment I was in. And, the money definitely helps ease some tension around here.

But, my heart is at home!

1 comment:

Katie Smith said...

i'm soo behind on your blog and i don't like that feeling.
i love you.